An amusing 'Bond'ing experience

‘Hey, Spectre’s getting released this week, how about it?’ The only time when my darling hubby enthusiastically asks for a movie date is when Bond comes visiting once in a couple of years, the last one being Skyfall J And so I never say no!!!!!!  ‘So when do we go?’ and I said ‘Oh anytime this weekend should do?’

This conversation happened on a Wednesday and I was looking forward to my weekend ‘Bond’ing experience. The next day when I reached home from office he grinned at me and said, ‘It’s done, I have booked for Sat morning 9.30 a.m show’. The timing made me raise my eyebrows, but I was still ok, after sending both kids out to school and college, we could get to the theatre, finish the movie and come back by the time they get back…….

So dawns Saturday morning…..And after the morning rush of sending one kid out (the other decided to stay back home), we were at the theatre by 9 a.m. There were just a few people around no theatre staff to be seen. The kiosk which issues tickets based on your online booking details did not seem to work, kept giving an error and so finally the theatre staff appeared and got into a tizzy as there were people waiting for a 9 a.m show as well and they had to send people in ASAP. So one staff decided to check the mobiles for booking confirmation and send the people in. After sending in people for the 9 a.m. show, they allowed us also to go in. ‘Well you know I have even booked popcorn online along with the tickets’ goes my hubby and I went in my mind ‘Oh, this guys seems to be improving with every Bond movie !!!!! ’.  Finally we step in for the show. The guy at the door peeked at Suren’s mobile and said ok. We went in and looked around for our seats and then realized someone was sitting there already…….Oh how’s that now…..My husband walked up to them and asked them to check their seat numbers and they did and said their number was correct …..’Hey how come, see even I got the same number ‘ and he pulls out his mobile and shows them and they peep at it and then they say. ‘Hey see , it says 9.30 p.m, you seem to have booked for the night show’ And my husband peeks at his mobile and goes ‘Oh what the hell !!!!’  Ah, now this was looking really stupid ….. and I could see a smirk on the faces of the two young guys who looked at me with a ‘Ayyo paavam’ kinda look and I in turn looked at my hubby enquiringly with a ‘How could you’ look. This usually is the kind of situation when I blow my top, but strangely I was actually feeling a bit amused and also because I saw the theatre was almost half empty, I was sure something could be worked out.


By this time the guy at the door who had let us in, also came in with his manager since he had had a doubt when he peeked at our mobile and just wanted to make sure about the a.m /p.m part. So since it was confirmed that it said p.m, we requested the manager to change around the p.m to a.m and allow to us to watch and he said ok. He took a snapshot of the booking confirmation from Suren’s mobile and said he would get us the tickets for this show instead and we could be seated in the mean while. So we were watching the commercials,  when after a while in walks the guy again. ‘Sir, I am sorry but there is a mistake, please check the date on this booking, you had actually booked for Thursday night 9.30 show and today is Sat, your tickets are expired Sir !!!!!!!’ Now I am wondering ‘ Seriously?’ So out comes the mobile and I am asked to take a look to confirm and when I peeped Yes the date was indeed for Thursday !!!!!!  ‘ Ahhhhhhhhhh, one you get the timing wrong and two you get the date wrong !!!!!!!!!!! ‘Sir, you will have to pay for these tickets, we cannot do anything about your previous tickets. If you don’t turn up, they just get expired’ said the guy and we obliged. After all, we HAD to watch Bond and if we went back otherwise, the kids would laugh us down J. And so it was that as the commercials were coming to an end, we settled down. But  I still wasn’t feeling happy…..Why says my hubby ? ‘What about my popcorn, will he get that or not ?’J  and so off goes Suren for a chat with the guy and he says ‘Don’t worry Sir, I will get you the popcorn’. So finally, the movie started and we forgot everything else, I must say it was a damn good experience…..Err the movie I meant……..Yes, the first few scenes itself was really mind blowing..we loved the movie, it was certainly worth a watch ….. 

Overall though, all is well that ends well, isn’t it? So, yes I was still in an amusing mood when I stepped out and we both couldn’t help laughing and laughing at the blunder and how it unfolded. And so it was that we paid twice the price for watching a bond movie and also had a good hearty laugh. Humor helps you overcome most situations doesn’t it? I am hoping that henceforth he will be a little bit more tolerant about my blunders, over which I usually get long lectures J and I told him so and also said ‘Please make sure you wear your specs next time you make online booking ‘ and He said with a grave face  ’No more online ticket booking, we will only go the traditional way only’ …..:) Ah!!! better to be safe than be sorry indeed !!!!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Travel Back in Time - Hampi, Aihole, Pattadakkal and Badami

October - My Favorite Time Of The Year !!!!!

Forever NIITian