My daily dose of adventure !!!!!!!!

Every day morning I pack my kids off to school and take a deep breath and then get ready for the adventure on hand !  Yeah……going to office is no less than an adventure for me. For I am being driven to office by no less than a F1 racer J So I step into my seat, put on the seat belt and silently go ‘Ready , Steady , Po……..:) My expressions during this 15-20 min drive to office is no less than that of someone taking a roller coaster ride.  For there are times when I just close my eyes and say a silent prayer and others when I feel like shrieking ! So what is it about my hubby’s driving that prompts me to such extremes that I even felt I had to blog about it.

For starters, it is the way he weaves through traffic,  in such a way I wouldn’t dream of doing so even on a two wheeler. It goes something like this. Absolutely zizag J

Next is the ‘Beat me if you can’ attitude with every other bike or car on the road. Hold on dear, they are not your co F1 drivers, they are probably just going to office and they did not mean anything when they passed you by and looked at you. Also dear, did you notice that one or two of them were young…….may be eighteen, twenty…….and you have crossed forty. Almost as though he hadn’t realized this he goes…’Oh yeah, you are right…..but I cannot help it !!!!’

Now comes those ones who despite his constant honking, do not seem to get the message. How dare they !!!!!  Baap ka raj hain kya ? So they are almost knocked over and I hold on to the handle for dear life and go ‘No….No…No……..’He overtakes them and deliberately slows down just in front so they get irritated, one look in the mirror to see if they got the message or not and Zip………we go. Now by chance if it happens to be woman driver, then god forbid ! You get to hear a lecture on why ladies JUST CANNOT drive and they stare at me with a ‘Being a lady how can you do this’ kind of look.
It so happens that on a particular stretch of the road there are bylanes  joining in every 300 meters or so. If someone comes in from these without heed then he goes again ‘#%&@**!!!!!!!!!’ Unprintable words in Shuddh Kannada J Now why am I not so glad about the addition to my vocabulary ??? Simply because I know I cannot use them without raising eyebrows.

There is also a stretch where cattle loafs around on the road, or would be sitting happily chewing the cud, right in the middle of the road.  Agreed that it is wrong on part of the owner to allow them to roam around on the road and create a nuisance.  Most vehicles instead of honking, just do a detour and move on. There are times when I have seen buses honking ….without any effect whatsoever at all as the cow in question just continues to stand by lash its tail. So the conductor gets down and starts egging on the cow ‘Hurr………Hai Hai………….’ Now who would have thought even this is a necessary skill for a conductor  !!!!!!  At this place, there are times when a cow or two is just lying down on the road with its legs stretched out and they way my hubby navigates this, I am always horrified that we ran over its legs or something.
Then comes a railway gate. If by chance this is closed, then we end up in a big queue. Now as soon as the gate opens, everybody is in a hurry to cross over first. There are buses, two wheelers, cars, trucks, buses and all trying to move at the same time and flow of traffic from both sides fully and truly blocked. Now can you afford to be an onlooker ? Of course not…..so in we go into the crowd weeding our way inch by inch and making sure that we are not giving an inch to any other smart bugger….Huh ! Oh finally we are clear……….. ’Well really dear…….please don’t forget I am the one going to office and I am not in a hurry to get there  and there really is no prize on offer you see, so we can afford to let others pass by once in a while.’

Now comes the stretch of the road where it keeps winding continuously a couple of times. But the roads are good and wide so you cannot really let a chance go by can you. Speedometer goes up and up, all the while when we are turning…..and he goes ‘ Today I made the turns at 80 +’ with a smug look. The aim is to touch 100 on the turns !!!! My poor bags in the back seat have all tumbled down. I don’t really have to take the trouble to mix the rice and the curry for lunch, that’s done already and Tupperware has passed the stress test, time and again…..I can give them a certificate on this thanks to my darling hubby !

‘Oh, is that the final signal leading to my office ahead……Whew……..Thank God I Made It……….!!!! Just cross the signal and my adventure is over. Not even the greatest workaholic is glad to see the office everyday as I do J……….I just gather my things from the back seat and rush out with brief smile glad that the morning’s adventure is over……….I can carry on with normal life till evening come and it is time to go back home. Then it is time once again to tighten seat belts and say my prayers!!!!! Any wonder then that I am convinced that he missed his calling in Formula 1 ........Dear Mallya Sir, in case you are looking out for a new recruit for Force India for the next season, kindly consider....at least there would be something to be had at the end of the session.......

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Travel Back in Time - Hampi, Aihole, Pattadakkal and Badami

October - My Favorite Time Of The Year !!!!!

Forever NIITian